Step off the train and in the warm, fuzzy adventures of MCM Comic Con 2015! On arrives the super heroes, villains, people in boxes, people in cross over cosplays and of course the rising humidity of the attendees. It’s just another exciting and memorable day at Comic Con. Some could call it one of “The UK’s biggest pop culture events,” others a cosplay dome, or to those unfamiliar, a daring experience. MCM Comic Con is a three day event where anyone and everyone are welcome to showcase their favourite heroic characters.
In heights of tradition, we are poured into queues and then racing towards the stalls of video games, kawaii merchandise, posters, comic books, pocky and melon bread! (If you haven’t tried it boy are you missing out!) I get enough energy to jaw drop at the most creative and captivating cosplays of this year.
Not only is this a three day event, its a great place to meet like minded people who are free thinkers and fortunately do not disregard anyone of their appearance or cross dressing cosplay. The unwritten law for those who want to cosplay is the more adventurous, the better!
What was available this year? We had a play through of Arkham Knight with the bat mobile in plain sights as well as the Mad Max mobile! An interview with Merring Dungey, Tyler James Willliams, John Noble and the directors of Death of Superman Documentary Jon Schnepp and Holly Paye.
So if you are planning to go to London Comic Con, or any for that matter, my top tips for you are:
- Always keep a spare charger
- If you’re stuck in a crowd, find a space and move quickly
- Draw out money BEFORE you enter (There’s always a queue and chances are most stalls take cash, its just quicker that way
- If lost, make sure you and your friends have a familiar spot (For me this year there was a court for food, with an ice cream van, an additional treat)
- Don’t be afraid to ask for pictures, everyone is more than happy to give a moment (they worked hard on the cosplay of course they’ll take a moment!)
And of course, hugs, free hugs everywhere!